Dethatching is the process of removing thatch from your lawn. Thatch is a layer of dead or dying grass and other materials that can accumulates on the soil beneath a lawn. A thin layer of thatch (about a half-inch) is beneficial to your lawn, providing insulation for your lawn against temperature fluctuations, and also increasing your lawn’s resiliency. However, when thatch becomes really thick, it can hinder your lawn from having that full, green look that we all want to have in our lawns. When thatch becomes excessively thick, it can hurt your lawn in a number of ways.
Why You Should Want Your Lawn Dethatched:
- Thatch can cause harm to your grass, decreasing its beauty and health
- Roots below it are left vulnerable to desiccation (drying out)
- Wet thatch retains water and blocks the oxygen flow to the grass’ roots
- Thick thatch can also decrease your lawns beauty because, as your lawn is mowed, the mower’s wheels sink into the thatch and cause the height of the cut to drop sharply
- A thick layer of thatch is also the perfect place for disease-causing organisms and insects to live and cause damage to your lawn
Hire Us And Have A Yard That The Neighbors Envy
Whatcom Lawns is located in Bellingham WA, and helped thousands of residents in Bellingham, and other parts of Whatcom County, to have great lawns once again. For nearly two decades, we have consistently offered our superior landscaping services to our customers in Bellingham and all over Whatcom County, and we can do the same for you! Our workers are insured and properly trained, always following the appropriate safety procedures. We have been in the landscaping business for numerous decades, and have a passion for helping people to improve their lawn. Contact us today at our Bellingham office to learn why the residents of Bellingham and Whatcom County have continued to choose our superior landscaping services for nearly two decades.